Wednesday, December 22, 2010

30 Days of Skating - Day 19 & Day 20

Day 19: If you could marry any figure skater, who would it be?

I plead the fifth. ;)

Day 20: Favorite Olympic Moment?

My favorites rarely seem to actually win the Olympics or even medal sometimes, but this past Olympics was better in some ways, yet in others, still extremely disappointing. Despite that though, my three favorite Olympic moments are from Vancouver and they are..

Johnny Weir skating two solid programs after the disappoint of Torino. I had high hopes for him 4 years ago and he was SO close, yet after the free... so far. I think I'll probably forever be irked by the fact that he never won an Olympic medal (so, so much potential), but I was really proud of him for skating so well in Vancouver and that was his last competition, it's a fantastic way to go out.

Daisuke Takahashi winning the first Olympic medal for any Japanese man in figure skating. Considering Daisuke's knee injury and subsequent surgery causing him to have to take all of the '08-'09 season off, coming back and winning the bronze in Vancouver is a truly amazing accomplishment.

And finally, Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao FINALLY getting their much deserved Olympic gold medal. I thought that after their 2006 bronze, they'd retire and never get their gold, and I was so, so glad to see them get it in Vancouver.

No comments: