Friday, November 12, 2010

30 Days of Skating: Day 7 - Favorite Men's Program

That is extremely difficult for me to narrow down to just one... so I'm going to do a handful! :P



Just gorgeous. A moment when Daisuke proved he has what it takes to take on the world. What makes this amazing skate even more special is that he pulled it off at home, under immense pressure.



I was so ecstatic to see Johnny skate so perfectly and win his first national title after what had happened the year prior. If only he'd skated like that more the last few years.



Seeing Jeffrey finally put together two clean programs in a single competition was wonderful, and I think it is so great that such a lovely skater finally won a World title. I still miss him.



His second national title in a row, and an beautiful program to boot.



Daisuke Takahashi... fabulous! Following his Olympic bronze medal win, his performance at Worlds a month later gave him his long overdue World title. The fact that Daisuke managed to pull this and a Olympic medal off less than a year after he started jumping again (he was off the ice for several months due to a serious injury and missed the entire 08-09 season.)is absolutely astounding. I'm incredibly proud of him, and did I mention he attempt a quad flip?!? ;)

No comments: