Saturday, January 15, 2011

30 Days of Skating - Day 24 and 25

 Day 24: Skater you love, but nobody else does.

I don't think there's any skaters I really like that are particularly unpopular. I mean, I've been interested in Armin Mahbanoozadeh's skating since last Nationals, but his popularity seems to have gone WAY up (deservedly so) since his bronze at Skate America.

 Day 25: The quad. Give your opinion.

It's a difficult jump and can be beautiful when performed well, but I think way too much emphasis is put on it. Maybe it wasn't worth enough points is the past, making the risk greater than the reward , but now I think it's gone completely the other way and it makes me crazy. A fall on a quad shouldn't be worth more than a very well executed triple lutz. That is ludicrous.

No comments: