Friday, January 21, 2011

30 Days of Skating - Day 28: Favorite & least favorite costume

While I've seen plenty of insanely bad costumes over my years of watching skating, there is one costume that has been seared in my brain. I remember seeing this Emanuel Sandhu costume one season (which season it was, I can't recall) and watching him do that much hated A-frame spin. Word to the wise: banana colored spandex and A-Frame spins are never a good combo.

On the other end of the spectrum, here's a handful of my favorite skating costumes (though I'm sure I'm forgetting some others).
Johnny Weir: "Otonal" costume, '04 -'05
Daisuke Takahashi: "Eye" costume (2nd or 3rd costume), '09-'10
Michelle Kwan: "The Feeling Begins" costume, '02-'03
Sasha Cohen: "Romeo & Juliet" costume (2nd version), '05-'06
What are your favorite costumes? Comment with a link to a picture of it or a video of the skater performing in it!

No comments: