Monday, October 25, 2010

30 Days of Skating - Day 3: Favorite skating spectatorship moment

Going to Champions on Ice and Kimmie's Angels on Ice in my hometown was really nice, especially getting to meet skaters like Johnny Weir and Jeffrey Buttle, and their skating is exquisite live.

As for competitive spectatorship, I've never gotten to go to a figure skating competition that my sister or I weren't competing in, so these will be based on video spectatorship only.( And of course, I really can't pick only one moment.)

  • Johnny Weir winning his 2004 and 2005 National titles
  • Daisuke Takahashi winning World silver and then dominating most of the following season.
  •  Daisuke Takahashi coming back after a career threatening injury to win the 2010 Olympic bronze medal AND the World title the following month.
  • Jeffrey Buttle putting all the puzzle pieces together at 2008 Worlds to win his World title. 
  • Almost everytime Michelle Kwan took to competitive ice.

No comments: