Friday, October 29, 2010

30 Days of Skating - Day 4: Up and coming skater you're most excited for

There is definitely a few young skaters that I've had my eye on, but the first one that comes to mind is definitely Adam Rippon. I decided to check him out after he won his junior national title a couple years ago, and I've really enjoyed watching him develop over the last two seasons. I am really hoping, like many, that this will be his breakout season. Adam has good basics, spins, and just a really great style/artistry to his skating. His jumps are also fantastic in general, and he even has his own signature move already (Rippon Lutz!) ! Adam reminds me of some of the best qualities in Johnny Weir's skating, which is definitely one reason why I first became interested. He also really seems like a sweet and genuine person, which translates to his skating.

Of course, I was super stoked when he won 4 Continents last season, plus a fantastic World Championship debut, and he really skated incredibly well at the Japan Open a few weeks ago. I am definitely hoping that he will take home the gold at Skate Canada this weekend!

No comments: